Wedy - Cancellation and Pricing Policy
Last Updated: [Last Updated: July 17th, 2020]
Thank you for using Wedy. This document explains how we invoice our Users, how Vendors collect payment, our service fees and booking fees, and our refunds / cancellation policies. This document is subject in all respects to our Terms of Service (www.wedypay.com/terms) (the “Terms”). Capitalized terms used in this document but not defined have the meanings ascribed to them in the Terms.
Payments and Invoice:
We will invoice the User for the Vendor Services. The invoice will typically show the Vendor Services to be provided, our service fee, and the overall Booking fee. Vendors at their discretion may require one (1) aggregate lump-sum payment or bifurcate the aggregate payment into two (2) installments. The first payment (the “Deposit”) is due upon the User completing the Booking and the second payment (if any) is due fifteen (15) days before the date of provision of the Vendor Services. The Deposit is non-refundable, but may be rolled over into a rescheduled Booking per our refund and cancellation policies outlined below.
Deposit: We hold a User’s Deposit for five (5) business days after the Deposit clears. Although our Vendor dashboard will reflect the amount earned immediately, we will initiate payment to the Vendor’s bank account no earlier than five (5) days after the User’s Deposit clears.
Second Payment: We will automatically deduct the second payment fifteen (15) days before the date of provision of the Vendor Services using the account details we have on file. Although the second payment is due fifteen (15) days before the date of provision of the Vendor Services, if we do not receive User’s payment at least three (3) days before the date of provision of the Vendor Services (e.g., because of inaccurate payment information), we will notify the Vendor to contact the User. If the User makes timely payment (i.e., at least three (3) days before the date of provision of the Vendor Services), our Vendor dashboard will reflect the amount earned on the date of provision of the Vendor Services, but we will initiate payment to the Vendor’s bank account no earlier than fifteen (15) days after we receive payment from the User.
Pricing Summary: Our Booking and Service Fee structure is detailed below:
Cancellations and Refunds:
Our cancellation and refund policy depends on who cancels the Booking and, if canceled by Users, the number of times such Users reschedule the Booking. Note that all refunds, if granted, will take at least five (5) business days to be processed and be reflected in your bank account.
If the User cancels the Booking, then Wedy will refund the following amounts to the User:
- • If the User cancels the Booking fifteen (15) or more days prior to the date of provision of the Vendor Services without rescheduling the Vendor Services or after having rescheduled the Vendor Services to a future available date one (1) time, Wedy will issue to the User a 75% refund of total Booking fees, less (a) the Deposit and any other non-refundable amounts paid to the Vendor and (b) the service and Booking fees already collected by Wedy;
- • If a User cancels the Booking between fourteen (14) and eight (8) days prior to the date of provision of the Vendor Services without rescheduling the Vendor Services or after having rescheduled the Vendor Services to a future available date one (1) time, Wedy will issue to the User a 50% refund of total Booking fees, less (a) the Deposit and any other non-refundable amounts paid to the Vendor and (b) the service and Booking fees already collected by Wedy; and
- • If a User cancels the Booking seven (7) or less days prior to the date of provision of the Vendor Services without rescheduling the Vendor Services or after having rescheduled the Vendor Services to a future available date one (1) time, Wedy will not issue any refund.
- • If a User cancels but reschedules the Booking one (1) time to a future available date (i.e., Vendor is available on such date and confirms the rescheduling with the User), then Wedy will apply the Deposit to the second Booking. However, if the User cancels and reschedules the Booking a second time, then the Deposit will not be refunded and the User will be required to pay an additional Deposit to secure the second rescheduled Booking, which such Deposit will be subject to the terms of this policy (i.e., it will be treated as a “first” Deposit and may be rolled over to a rescheduled Booking in accordance with the terms of this policy).
If the Vendor cancels the Booking, the Vendor is responsible for loss incurred by Wedy or the User associated with the cancellation. All scheduled payments related to the Booking will be cancelled. A Vendor may be subject to the following if the Vendor initiates cancellation:
- • A fine of 3% of the total Booking fee (which Wedy will deduct or debit from the Vendor’s account or invoice the Vendor for, with invoices required to be paid within seven (7) days of issuance of the invoice);
- • Delisting of the Vendor’s Vendor Services if Vendor cancels multiple Bookings within a six (6) month period;
- • Modifying the Vendor’s listing page description to include publicly available information about previous cancellations, suspensions, or termination of Vendor’s account;
- • Vendors that have earned “Wedy pro” designation will forfeit that designation and any associated benefits for at least six (6) months after one (1) cancellation.
Wedy may, but is not obligated to, waive costs, expenses, and fines for Vendor-initiated cancellations under the following circumstances:
- • Wedy determines that a Booking was accidentally accepted by a Vendor, so long as the Vendor cancelled within 2 hours of confirmation;
- • A User provides false or misleading information in a Booking request that materially affects the Booking or Vendor Services;
- • A User uses, or intends to use, Vendor Services in a manner inconsistent or incompatible with the description thereof, the agreement between the User and the Vendor, or other limitations agreed upon between the User and Vendor;
- • Inappropriate or illegal activity taking place;
- • A User and Vendor mutually deciding to cancel the Booking; or
- • Any excused cancellations
We may decide, in our sole discretion, that it is necessary or appropriate to cancel a confirmed Booking. We may cancel a Booking at any time prior to the date of the provision of the Vendor Services and issue a full or partial refund to a User. When we initiate a cancellation, any refunds or payouts will vary depending on the circumstances that prompted the cancellation. Neither Wedy nor any of the other parties to the cancelled Booking will have any liability or obligation for any such Wedy-initiated cancellations. The following are circumstances in which we may initiate a cancellation:
- • Removal of a Vendor from the Services prior to the date of the provision of the Vendor Services;
- • Any actual or potential illegal or unauthorized activity;
- • Risk of harm or safety concerns;
- • Failure to provide proof of insurance, including event or film production insurance, when requested by Wedy;
- • Any violations of our Terms of Service; or
- • Any other reason.